Are your efforts working? You advertise and send direct mail but are getting no results. What do you attribute that to? Chances are you are not communicating effectively. Here are a few things to consider:
- Target audience: Are you sure you are targeting the right demographic? Are you reaching the target effectively?
- Clarity of message: Are you using jargonese? Using complicated terms? Really saying what you mean to say?
- Timing: Is your timing on target? Are you giving your audience enough time to make a decision?
- Attractiveness: As in dating, in communications the visual can take precedence over content. Are your marketing materials designed to be easy to read? Are they attractive and professional looking? What image are you conveying?
- Outside opinion: Have you shown your campaign/materials to an impartial observer? Have you tested it with a focus group or a potential customer?