Improve your marketing communications
Are your efforts working? You advertise and send direct mail but are getting no results. What do you attribute that to? Chances are you are not communicating effectively. Here are a few things to consider:
- Target audience: Are you sure you are targeting the right demographic? Are you reaching the target effectively?
- Clarity of message: Are you using jargonese? Using complicated terms? Really saying what you mean to say?
- Timing: Is your timing on target? Are you giving your audience enough time to make a decision?
- Attractiveness: As in dating, in communications the visual can take precedence over content. Are your marketing materials designed to be easy to read? Are they attractive and professional looking? What image are you conveying?
- Outside opinion: Have you shown your campaign/materials to an impartial observer? Have you tested it with a focus group or a potential customer?