Today, March 4th, is officially designated here in the United States as National Grammar Day. How will you celebrate?
If I may offer some suggestions:
- Read a grammar book or my favorite book about punctuation: Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
- Mind your apostrophes (here’s a hint: apostrophes do not make a word plural)
- Practice gender neutrality, but don’t use “they” to signify ONE person.
- Read a well written book, any book.
- Try to effect change by not using big words you don’t understand (it affects how people perceive your writing and speaking)
What would you like to see on National Grammar Day?