It seems lots of people and companies out there are trying hard to leave a bad impression. If you want to join their ranks, here are a few tips:
- Don’t respond to inquiries. If someone calls or emails, free free to ignore.
- Don’t say thank you. If someone buys a product from you or gives you a contact or anything, don’t bother saying thank you. That would be nice.
- Keep pounding away with the same message. Send the same offer over and over, a couple of times of day if possible.
- Solicit free advice. Ask around for all the free advice you can. After all, it’s just advice, right?
- After you get your free advice, feel free to ignore it. Someone’s an expert but that doesn’t mean he/she knows what she/he is saying.
- Cancel or change plans at the last minute. Your time is more valuable than anybody else’s.
- Use foul language. If you are on Twitter, go ahead, drop an f-bomb or two.
- Be crass, self-involved, self-promoting. It’s all about you.
My question is: how hard are you trying to leave a bad impression?