Although I am not a fan of New Year’s resolutions, I think January is a great time to set goals for oneself. You have a whole year ahead of you to meet those goals. And goals are tangible. You either meet them or not, whereas resolutions like “I want to be healthier” are vague.
Here are some personal marketing goals:
- Upload a headshot to LinkedIn
- Answer at least one question a month on LinkedIn
- Refine your LinkedIn headline
- Increase your LinkedIn contacts by 25% (minimum)
- Get business cards if you don’t have them
- Update and polish your elevator speech and then practice it!
- Attend networking events at least twice a month
- Join a professional association
- Join a committee or volunteer group
- Start a blog if you don’t have one (Posterous is easy!) or post regularly on your existing blog
What goals are you setting for yourself?