If you are the type to make New Year’s resolutions, make one to be more effective in your marketing communications efforts. Being effective–that is, actually successful in producing your intended result–should be the goal of all marketing communications.
How can you be more effective? There are several ways to make sure your communications meet their mark, but it probably starts with the basics:
- Do you know and understand your TARGET AUDIENCE?
- Do you know what your KEY MESSAGE is?Are you expressing it clearly and unambiguously?
- Are your properly TIMING your communications efforts?
- Do you know your USP (unique selling proposition)?
- Are you aware of who your COMPETITION and what they are doing?
- Have you gotten FEEDBACK from outside sources on your creative? Is it conveying the attributes you are trying to convey?
- Are you following a STRATEGY or are you just engaging in TACTICS?
What are your suggestions for being more effective? Please share in the comments.