Are you a social (media) butterfly?
Social media and social networks are not new anymore. In fact, there is talk of a Web 3.0. Social media is mainstream. After all, you have the White House and most television anchors tweeting and lots of businesses have Facebook pages. I bet your grandmother is on Facebook and your grandpa is blogging. Social media has served to connect lots of people, across demographics and geography.
With the rise of social media, and its usefulness in “friend” raising, being social is becoming a bigger asset. How social are you?
Take the following quiz to gauge your sociability:
- Do you read blogs regularly?
- Do you use a reader? (extra points if you can define RSS)
- Do you ever comment on other people’s blogs?
- Do you have a blog? If so, do you blog regularly, or was your last post last summer?
- Do you have a Twitter account? Do you actually tweet?
- Do you know what Foursquare is?
- Do you use a service to post your blog content to your Twitter stream? If so, have you customized the settings?
- Do you respond to @ tweets and DMs?
- Have you met anyone from your social media world in real life?
- Have you ever been to a Tweet-up?
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, you are a certified social media butterfly.
If you answered yes to at least five questions, you are earning your social media wings.
If you answered yes to less than three questions, you are a social media wallflower.
About Deborah Brody
Deborah Brody writes and edits anything related to marketing communications. Most blog posts are written under the influence of caffeine.
1 thought on “Hello there social butterfly!”
I’m a 10…whoopsie 😉